Your team at Peninsula Oral and Facial Surgery wants to ensure that you are properly prepared for your corrective jaw surgery to ensure a recovery that is as easy and comfortable as possible. To do so it is important that you properly prepare for your procedure and have the right tools for recovery. Below you will find a helpful checklist to make sure you are ready for a successful recovery.
If you ever have questions regarding these instructions, please do not hesitate to call our office. Our team is always available to help clarify any of these recommendations.
- Oxycodone (Additional Pain Medicine)
- Liquid Amoxicillin (Clindamycin if Penicillin Allergy)
- Zofran (Anti-Nausea Medicine)
- Chlorhexidine (Antibacterial Mouth Rinse)
- Both pill form and liquid Tylenol ® (Adult/Big Kid Formulation)
- Both pill form and liquid Ibuprofen (Adult/Big Kid Formulation)
- Miralax ® (Stool Softener)
- Afrin Nasal Spray (Decongestant Nasal Spray)
- Vaseline ® or Petroleum Jelly Lip Balm
- Pick up some sports drinks, juices, smoothies, meal supplements (Ensure ®, Boost ®) yogurt etc for your first week. Check our Food Suggestion List for ideas.
- DO NOT eat or drink after midnight prior to surgery.
- Brush your teeth before you come to the hospital or surgery center.
- Remove any fingernail polish, makeup or mascara.
- If you have long hair, put it into two pigtails.
- If you are having outpatient surgery in the office, wear a loose comfortable shirt that does not need to be pulled over your head.